Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Birthday Dress


This is my Christmas Birthday dress.
Made with lilac and silver brocade which was given to me by my sister for my birthday back in July. I made it in time to wear to the family party on boxing day. When I saw the seamed dress in Burda 08/2012 I knew that it was the pattern to make. I omitted the centre front seam as I didn't want to disrupt the pattern too much. I used the reverse of the fabric for contrast on the shoulders. I also shortened the skirt by about 2 inches. However the tall size works really well as I have a long torso - Mental Note, lengthen all Burda standard sizes!
I have just enough fabric left to make a short bolero style jacket.

3 comments:

  1. Very elegant and pretty! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning! I can't believe you made it, and you look very elegant in it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...