Wednesday 22 June 2011

Revision

A quick update on my to do list.

  1. Finish Prep for my art and cake fundraiser - this includes making cakes, buying coffee and tea, finishing and presenting fabric brooches, rag bags and sorting out my art work (see my art work page). I also need to tidy up and sort out price lists. Done. And it went really well :)
  2. Finish the dress refashion I started before Easter - it's a simple 50s style dress but I didn't get the bodice right, so I'm redoing it. Done - but I think it needs some contrast around the waist. just thinking about using some of the skirt to do this?
  3. Refashion two dresses that need a bit of an update and a better fit.
  4. Make a dress with the bargain viscose fabric I got today for £3.40 - for 2.5m.
  5. Refashion two of my hubbies shirts (they are too big for him). One is half done - photos to follow soon. I'm trying a back fastening blouse.
  6. Paintings - try out some of my layers ideas using PVA and a range of materials.
  7. Make the crocheted jacket I've seen.
  8. revise how to do drawn thread work and use it on a simple shift dress as edging.
  9. Get hold of the Pattern Magic books and use the ideas to create my own individual ideas.
  10. Organise my first link party, Giveaway, and guest posts.
Well as you can see I've done some stuff and spent some of today manipulating images to work from for my paintings. I'm kind of obsessed with my sewing work at the moment, but I'd like a way to combine some of my butterfly work with the sewing. I'll have to work on that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...