Thursday 26 May 2011

Claire & Alli Make Art


My good friend Alli is one of the most creative people I know. She writes amazingly and her photos are stunning. However, she has always been afraid of putting paint on canvas. Not so long ago she attended some of my workshops and caught the art bug. Having bought canvas and paint Alli and I set aside some time today to make art.



The aim of today - to enjoy painting, not worry about the outcome and get messy (which I still am - having paint all over my hands as I type). Alli is just getting used to handling paint and mixing colour. I didn't really have a clue as to what I'd do. Often I start from a representational image and go abstract. Today I found myself doing the complete opposite. I don't often paint landscapes, but that is what I've achieved today. Its a far cry from my usual work.


So plenty of coffee, chatter, music, tomato and basil soup and the odd pause to assist with the mending of the washing machine constituted a great creative day.







Alli and her finished painting

My completed painting

1 comment:

  1. There are some very nice pieces there. Colourful and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...