Thursday 16 January 2014

2014's first make


I'm finally posting the top I made over the Christmas break. It's the bow blouse from Gertie's book for better sewing.


I've made this before in a slinky silk and decided to make it in something more substantial. This version is made in a soft curtaining fabric from Terry's Fabrics. I loved the ditsy print and originally wanted to make a dress with it, but didn't have quite enough fabric, so I settled for the bow top. I made a straight size 6, the only alteration I made to the pattern was to enlarge the neckline slightly.  I got the butting from Helen at Grosgrain Green in the spring sewing swap last year, they were from The Polished Button and are a perfect match for the fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...