Monday 3 June 2013

Second Sorbetto


I made a second Sorbetto, it's such a lovely FREE pattern from Collette Patterns that I can't believe I haven't made it before now! It's so quick to sew and easy too. I remember seeing Lauren wearing one on The Great British Sewing Bee earlier this year and I realised I've been missing out.


I downloaded the pattern last week to use up some cotton I had left after making a dress. However I wanted to make an eyelet cotton version with a Peter Pan collar, my inspiration coming from Boden's Macey top that I've seen in their recent catalogues.

Boden's Macey Top
The Sewing Box in Morpeth didn't have the eyelet cotton that I wanted so I bought some Broidery Anglaise. I was going to make a cap sleeve, but hadn't bought quite enough fabric for that, although I did make it longer.

Bias facing on the neck edge

I also bought ready made Bias binding, but it was a bit wide and not quite the same shade as my fabric, so I decided to turn it into a bias facing along the neck and armhole edges, whip stitching it in place. I'll probably wear this for work this week.

Bias facing from the right side on the armhole
What are your thoughts about the Sorbetto top - do you love it or loathe it?




1 comment:

  1. made a few Sorbetto tops, such a great pattern, I am just about to do one with a collar too, love the bias edge you have used, very neat

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...