Thursday 29 December 2011

The Movie Project 2012

At around about this time last year, my husband decided to watch the top 100 AFI films during the year. However, withing a few short days the list had grown to include films from the BFI and IMDB.
The list eventually grew to about 460 films and he managed to get through about 180 of them during the year.

As I've watched them alongside him, I've been struck by the costume design in some of these films, from the sublime to the ridiculous. From the refashioning of Maria (Sound of Music) and Giselle (Enchanted) who both make use of curtains, to the totally way out high end designer pieces - Gaultier in Fifth Element.

I've decided that one of the things I wanted to accomplish next year is to make a number of outfits inspired by films that I see during the year. I'd like to challenge you to join me and share your film inspired fashions.

If you'd like, grab a button and stick it on you blog to show you're taking part. Make as many or a few as you want and share what you make. Come and join our group on Facebook " The Movie Project 2012"



2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a challenge you've set for yourself. I can't wait to see what you come up with~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is right ~ What a challenge and sooooo creative and unique ~ thanks for linking up to Miracle Monday at Share the Creative Journey ~ you will be creating your own miracle of fashion ~ namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...