Thursday 9 June 2011

Three things

1. OOOH it's been an exciting day. After dropping the kids off at school this morning John and I headed into Gateshead for a treat - breakfast at the Hilton! thank you John. I haven't eaten anything else all day.

We followed that by a walk along the quayside. If you haven't been along past the Sage and Baltic - it's well worth it. We'd seen all the current exhibitions at the Baltic, but couldn't resist going in the shop. It's one of those shops I love - filled with many books about art and design. However it's the quirky interesting and unusual gifts that I just love.


Whilst in the shop I had a look through two pattern books, I'd seen them on Amazon, but loved the opportunity to have a look through them - think sculpture in dress form and you'd be along the right lines. Some amazing and unusual design I would just love to try out (added to birthday wish list).


2. Just moments after arriving home the post man came - delivering my tailors dummy - It's a bit larger than I thought, but should still help me drape, plan and adjust my designs.

3. I got my visa application off; had lunch with the girls (they had lunch and I had a ginger beer); picked the boys up from school and watched a bit of The Constant Gardener.  I also wanted to share the fabric brooches I'm working on, hopefully to sell at my fundraiser next Saturday. So here they are - rather pink themed as that seems to be the fabric I have available at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely day. I like the look of those books, and I'd love to know where you got your tailors dummy from. The brooches are great thye look perfect in that little cluster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline, It has been fairly good :) The books do look good don't they. you can get them on Amazon. I got the Tailors dummy from Ebay. It didn't have a stand, but fits nicely on top of my music stand base. Had to watch ebay for a while to get one at the right price. It does need a little work, but nothing major.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...