Wednesday 29 June 2011

Stuff and nonsense

I have been quite busy, but don't seem to have much to show for it. I've been sewing - I made the Coffee Date dress out of some great fabric I got for £3.40. There was enough left over to make my daughter a dress - still not quite finished.

Unfortunately when I put the zip in I used too much seam allowance - it fits, but is rather tight - so I need to redo the zip - serves me right for rushing. I think if I were to make it again, I'd use a larger size back bodice and lengthen the bodice as well as the waist is a little high for me. I do like the style and i'm looking forward to wearing it.

I Also finished My 50's style dress, but feel it needs a contrast band at the waist - still need to sort this out.

A couple of years ago I bought a dress with some lovely embroidery on the skirt, but the top was a little too tight, and no allowance to adjust it. I turned it into a skirt and have worn it lots since. this year I put it on and realised that I've lost a few inches so it had to be adjusted again. Thankfully it was only a 10 min job to adjust the darts and fit - I'm glad it fits.


Today I popped into New Look - they had a sale on. The cargo shorts I looked at last week were now half price - So I bagged those. I also got a pair of canvas flats for £3 (same as on the model) and a pair of flat court shoes for wearing with skirts and the like, when I want more than a sandal.  All ready for my trip. Only a couple of little bits to get and a whole lot of prep work to do before I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...